Thursday, June 27, 2013

I sew swimsuits now

Check Her Out!
 Last Saturday I took the time to sew a complete bathing suit for Vanessa. Good bathing suites for girls are really tough to find that cover all the right places. Vanessa loves the water and needed something that would work for her. I had a specific idea in mind. The suit needed boy short bottoms and a cute top that reached past her middle. I went to Google for inspiration and found a pattern online to download from The Fabric Fairy. It's the Santa Monica Tankini and boy shorts.  I stayed true to the patter but shortened the top and folded under the tie and edging to give it a more finished look. I also used twin needles. 
I also made the matching Bathing Beauty bathing cap but much earlier. That was a HUGE success and gave me the nerve experience to work on a whole bathing suit

I've got two more projects that I've completed and ready to share but I need to photograph them still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment