Sunday, February 28, 2010

FOOD

It's bitter sweet. I've never been so hungry in my life but I can't seem to muster up the energy to cook. For our playgroups Valentine's party I made Carrot Pineapple loaf. It was a huge success! It was a nice bright citrus colour and taste but I was disappointed for a loaf it crumbled too much.
This week I invited myself and Vanessa to a friend's house and offered to bring desert. I was going to make the loaf again but I was running out of time and needed a nap. I changed it up a bit and made muffins with the same recipe. I put them in for 25 minutes instead of 1 hour for the loaf and told Eric to take them out when it beeped. The timing was perfect and they mostly fell out of the silicon tins. It turns out that they were some of the best muffins ever!! I will definitely make them again. I think for Easter I'll make them with the cream cheese icing in the recipe and might even try the marzipan carrots that they demonstrate on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment