Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Good night sweetheart

When Vanessa was a baby, I used to rock her in the chair and sing to her. When we moved her into a twin bed in January there was no room for the rocking chair so we read a book and she went to sleep. A couple of weeks ago I sang to her to get her to settle while standing and she asked for the rocking chair. It broke my heart that we couldn't keep it.
I have started lying down with her in her bed and singing with her. She seems to settle faster less playing for 2 hours. She's started requesting songs. It's usually jaka (Frère Jacques) which I sing with no accent but Vanessa put her own in. Tonight I asked her to sing with me for the first time. She knew all the words but put her two year old accent on them. I was laughing so hard I couldn't finish the song then Vanessa started laughing and that made it worse. I finally finished Frère Jacques and we sang isty fider (itsy bitsy spider). Kissed her goodnight and ran out of there with a big grin on my face. I think singing to her in bed will be done way more often now.

No comments:

Post a Comment