Sunday, July 01, 2007

Montreal Jazz Fest

On Friday night, we made a spur of the moment decision to attend the Jazz Fest. Eric wanted to see a Dixie land band that was suppose to play at 8pm. Eric, Vanessa and I head over at 7pm and found great parking and walked over. The band was already playing and there was no where to sit so we walked around the site. Vanessa wasn't sure where to look so she looked everywhere. She tried to soak in everything. I put her in my carrier facing forward. Dozens of people smiled and said nice things. People can be so friendly when they see a baby. I sat down to wait for the main stage to go on at 9pm and breast feed Vanessa. Nursing her has gotten much easier over the past couple of weeks. She feed for about 5 minutes and fell into a deep sleep. Eric and I noticed the sky got black and then sprinkle a little. We agreed we didn't want to be out in the rain with Vanessa since the temperature had dropped. I had kept the carrier on while feeding so I stuck my limp baby in and it started to downpour. What excellent timing. Everyone ran for shelter. I zipped up my fleece around Vanessa and she didn't get a drop but I was soaked in seconds. We walked seven blocks to the car while she slept. While strapping her in she woke up and realised she hadn't eaten. We drove straight home while she complained loudly.

All in all it was a great evening full of excitement. Maybe I'll take her back this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment