Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Using her powers for good and not evil

Vanessa’s trying her best to be good. Do you know how many books series rely on the main character who can’t help themselves and get into trouble only to fix it all with no repercussions. Like Curious George or Caillou. I’m sure there are many others but they’re the most serious offenders.

Today she just wanted to help in the kitchen at dinner. I find that my patience are thin by then and she’s, historically speaking, has not been great at following instructions. We have a small kitchen. It’s very efficient if there’s only one chef and possibly someone who takes direction on the other side. I have seen great improvement in her following rules and co-ordination. Today I put her to work putting the silverware away and unloading the dishwasher. She was happy and very proud to do it. Looks like she needs more jobs and more freedom.

IMG_3172

Speaking of more freedom, when I get a little more organized, I’m going to start packing Vanessa snacks for her to eat at home. She can eat them all in the morning or over the course of the day. It will stop the constant. Can I have a snack? Just because she’s bored. I’ll let you know how that goes for us…

No comments:

Post a Comment