Sunday, January 09, 2011

Balaklava not baklava making

This is my first attempt at a hat every. It’s pretty good I think but later this week I’m going to try again with a modified pattern.

Vanessa has very sensitive skin when it comes to cold and wind. Sometimes you can see whiteness within minutes. I bought her the balakava that covers her mouth but she won’t wear it. This orange fleece matches her snow suit. When I was halfway making this hat I realized that it’s going to be Halloween all winter since she looks like a jack-o-lantern. (I didn’t make blue, her favourite colour because the weren’t nice.)

I look forward to finishing it and wonder if I should edge in the eyes and mouth since it’s raw edge now. Hmmm… Do I have the skills? Does club tissu carry that? Questions for another time when Vanessa is at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment