Monday, October 25, 2010

Stripped!

On Saturday morning I sent Eric outside to get something from the car. It was about 8:45. I was upstairs when he came back in swearing with Vanessa right by his side. It is very unlike him to swear. Especially with impressionable ears nearby. I came downstairs to see what was up.

Eric said, “Some one took the radiator, the headlights and the GPS from the car.” I was so shocked I barely believed him.

I responded with, “I guess my dad was looking for parts.” since he has the same make of van.

“Don’t mess with me right now.” was his comeback. He was furious.

As you can see from the pictures below the thieves came and stole exactly what they wanted. These were mechanics. They unscrewed the parts they could and even used our bins to catch the rad fluid. They didn’t want to get messy.

Eric called the police. He came quickly and had never seen anything like this. With the police report number we called the insurance company and they referred us to a local garage. They picked Eric up and he returned to the house by 11:30. The whole process took less than 2 hours. We should get the car back sometime this week.

I did want Eric to entertain the kids Saturday morning but they got more than they bargained for. Vanessa was beside herself when Eric left in the tow truck with our van on the bed. Initially we thought she was upset she couldn’t go but she told use she didn’t want him to take the van. It’s HER van. It’s a nice shiny red with fancy doors and don’t forget. It has a TV in it. Two days later and she’s still a little upset wanting it to come back. Good thing it wasn’t all stolen and we’ll get it back.

 IMG_1512 IMG_1513 IMG_1514 IMG_1519 IMG_1522 IMG_1524

This is our second theft in 2 years. Completely unrelated but it has been suggested we get a dog. I’m thinking I’d like a house with a garage to park my car and our bikes…

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:01 pm

    We have 2 dogs and my car was broken into last week. The dogs sleep with us and our bedroom is right beside the driveway...they did not even make a sound. We just installed a motion sensor light int he driveway. Hopefully that will deter people. Crazy!!! Natalie

    ReplyDelete