Saturday, April 17, 2010

Stubbornness causing pain

Nursing has been quite a challenge this time around. It was more stressful this time around because you know how good it can be. I figured Hailey could just continue where Vanessa left off.
I spent the first two weeks nursing Hailey across my stomach and it caused pain and bleeding. Hailey was thriving but I was definitely not. Last week-end I gave in and tried out the "football" position and it's a lot more work to settle in but once you are it's great for us. Except.... switching positions dramatically like that gave me mastitis. I had a mild case but it was brutal. One evening of the shivers and aches just like the flu. By next day I was almost over it.
Everything is pain free this today and things are looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment