Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Go Anyway! You never know.

ok. You know how we sit around the house instead of heading out when people invite us. We know our house is comfortable and one needs a little motivation to get out. Well yesterday Pamela invited me to ride my bike to the library. I really wasn't motivated to go but I needed to test out my bike and renew our library cards.
I met up with Pamela on my way to the library. Good thing because I would have never found the bike racks. The evening was cooling down but still very pleasant. I went into the library and checked out the food section for no particular reason. I found a couple of books I want to read. They're foodie/travel books. I got one out about the history of Chocolate. It's a subject I've always loved. Especially since going to Mexico 18 years ago. (wow time flies). I'm reading another foodie/journal book, Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen, now so it will have to wait.
After a successful trip to the library, we rode home via the water. That was a fantastic idea on my part. How invigorating was it to ride with the water cooling the air. The sunset was one of the nicest I have ever seen. I was kicking myself for not having my camera. I could have taken award winning pictures of the Champlain bridge and the Montreal skyscape with the glow of the sunset in the water and the clouds.
I came home and V was in bed and Eric was playing on the computer. Such a simple evening made so memorable by small wonders. So next time if you wonder whether to get out of the house. Do so! You never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment