Monday, July 30, 2007

Merry Christmas!

The week-end of the 22nd of July was great fun! Since my family was not home for Christmas we agreed to celebrate it 6 months later. It works out well since it's nice in July and it's also my grandfather's birthday.

On the Friday, I went over to my parents and my sisters and I made turkey dinner. Mashed potatoes, cauliflower and turkey. It was an all white meal. It was tasty but looked kind of bland. Christina and I made place cards. They made the table fell more christmasy... I gave everyone a card from a Canadian artist. We had agreed to not exchange gifts but I was happy to give the nice cards. For dessert we made peaches on the BBQ. They were very tasty with ice cream.

The next day we went to the Longueuil marina and took the ferry into the old port. We had a nice pic-nic and walked over to the Flower festival. I had a fab time taking pictures while Vanessa's grandmother pushed her around. Freedom! She even changed her very messy diaper. I took over 170 pictures (joys of digital).




We went back to the ferry and went to my parents for a BBQ and some down time since we were all pooped.
Sunday, Eric and I did some errands and printed some of the pictures from the flower festival. With a few pointers from Tim, I was able to take some that were nice enough to blow up and hang in the living room. My parents, sisters, grandfather and Lorraine came over for drinks and we head out for dinner. Dinner was nice and we celebrated my grandfather's birthday and Jo-Anne's. We walked across the street and saw "Scapin" a play in the park. We all had a great time. Even Vanessa was spellbound.




No comments:

Post a Comment