Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Easter Week-end

Yesterday my baby Vanessa turned 4 weeks old. She's a very happy and healthy baby. She can make me smile and cry in the same moment. We are so lucky to have her. It's really amazing how she is now alert more and more. I noticed the other day that she has grown beautiful eye lashes.
We had a great Easter. Saturday we went for brunch and my parents and celebrated MJ's birthday. My mom did a great job at feeding us fritatta and Eric made a nice blueberry coffee cake. Even the paparazzi showed up for Vanessa's first holiday. Four cameras on Vanessa while I was holding her. I didn't know where to look. It's a good thing blue ray disks are out so we can back up Vanessa's photos.
That evening we went over to Joe and Leona's for dinner. It was also tasty. It was wonderful to see them and the kids. Lorna was so excited she couldn't sit still. She knew Vanessa's name before we arrived. She watched intently as I breast feed Vanessa with many questions. Brianna was less interested but equally cute. She's one and a big girl. I can't really conceptualise Vanessa being her size but I'm sure it will come.
Sunday, we went out for brunch at Burgers & Benedicts in the Pepsi Forum. I had a craving for Eggs Benedicts and thought that would be the place. It was really good and the service was great. We were a little concerned that Vanessa would be fussy since she had slept for 6 hours the night before but she slept through brunch. It was a really nice treat.
We head over to Tim and Chris' to check out the kitchen. It's all done! It looks great. We headed over to Caroline's so she could meet Vanessa. She was really happy to see her. She held her while we talked. I'm jealous that her apartment backs onto Jean-Talon Market. She's see Vanessa pretty often during the summer since we'll be near by.
We went to Eric's mom's for lamb dinner. It was pretty tasty. We stayed there for a couple of hours and took a few more pictures.

1 comment: