Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cycling

With the rise in gas prices everyone has taken a new look at bicycles. Bike stores are having record sales. It can take up to a month to get an appointment to have your bike serviced. Last week-end it was garages in our city. While V went to swimming, I got on my bike with a trailer and went to look. It's so crazy in this gas gouging era that people drive around and idle the cars to look at junk. I found a play thing for V and a small pool. I had to go back for the pool but I did 11 km with my bike and trailer and got a feel for it. It was a gorgeous day so lots of fun.

Here are a few things I've read lately.
Freewheeling vacation through Rockies This sounds like a fantastic trip.
I've also been interested in some new blogs about cool bikes.
The Lazy Randonneur about The Big Dummy. You've got to see this bike to believe it.
Cycle Fun Montreal. Local Cycling news is always fun.

Lastly, I've given Kay the cycle bug. We went out last week and bought her first bike. It's a nice basic hybrid. This week we'll go out on our first ride. We'll head out on a bike path and do a few clicks.

I look forward to many more rides and my first trip out to Chambly. I'm still not confident enough to take V that far alone but soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment